Care, maintenance and cleaning for your countertop in Jacksonville FL
Simple care and maintenance will keep it looking beautiful for decades. Here are some recommendations for routine care and cleaning:
- Do dust the surfaces frequently.
- Do clean surfaces with mild detergent or stone soap.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain ammonia such as bathroom cleaners or tub & tile cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry powdered Comet, Ajax.
- Don’t use bleach or cleaners that contain bleach.
Bath & Other Wet Areas:
In the bath or other wet areas, soap scum can be minimized by using a squeegee after each use.
To remove soap scum, use a non-acidic soap scum remover.
Do not use a product that contains lemon, orange, citrus, vinegar, or other acids on the countertop.
The high acid content can dull the finish of the countertop.
Do not use abrasive scouring powders or liquids; these products contain abrasive chemicals or ammonia that may damage the surface. If required use a non-abrasive cleaning product and a Scotch-Brite Blue “No scratch pad.”
Do not hesitate to apply the necessary hand pressure needed to rub out any marks.
Avoid contact with harsh chemicals such as bleach, paint strippers, oven cleaners or drain cleaners (Draino, Liquid Plumber, etc)